Wednesday, October 3, 2007

While the markets continue to fox professionals and those pundits on CNBC things happen and money is made or lost based mostly on conviction, analysis and as all investors know, but wont admit, dollops of luck. I follow the Indian and the U.S markets and it never fails to amaze me how what you hear with total conviction on CNBC is often complete trite and very often driven by self interest and the hopes of the speaker.
The Indian market today was a yo yo and after close to a 100 point fall in the NIFTY all the experts on CNBC were full of "I told you so, get out while you can" type of advice to the 'retail' investor, only to have mud all over their faces a half hour later when the market added close to a 100 points, when they all had to backtrack with alacrity.
My advice ? Stay in in if you got in early enough, else stay out. Thats for the Indian market. As for the U.S. a lot of things could go wrong in the financials space, but good tech, aapl, syna, goog, csco , who are leaders in their own areas and have great brands and lots of cash on the ablance sheet,seem good bets still to me.
Let me also caution anyone who reads this blog and decides to punt..I am not an expert, but as likely to be right as anyone you are currently hearing or reading..

No comments: